Metal Trellises are Best
Because we were landscape designers/contractors long before we were fabricators, we understand what makes the best landscapes. In the beginning, we used wooden trellises for our designs. However, after years of experience, we learned the benefits of metal highly outweighed the benefits of wood in landscape trellises.
Here are some key features and benefits of using steel trellises in landscaping:
- Durability: Unlike trellises made of wood, steel trellises literally last forever. They can withstand any weather conditions that Vegas can dish out.
- Support for Climbing Plants: Metal trellises offer a sturdy framework for vines, roses, clematis, and other climbing plants to adhere to. This vertical growth can help maximize your garden space and creates an appealing visual backdrop along block walls, fences, or homes. Steel never deteriorates or buckles under the weight of thriving plants like wood can.
- Design Flexibility: Steel trellises come in a variety of designs, styles, and sizes. Whether you prefer a simple and minimalist look or an intricate and decorative design, we can work with you to design a metal trellis that complements your landscaping aesthetic. With our plasma cutter, we often create custom designs like artistic or geometric patterns which couldn’t be achieved with wood. The design options are virtually limitless with steel.
- Versatility: Our custom trellises can be incorporated into various landscape elements, such as garden beds, walkways, patios, and even walls. Steel makes for a sturdy standalone structure and can be easily integrated into larger landscape designs.
- Easy Maintenance: Metal trellises are very low-maintenance. You will want to occasionally clear out the dead foliage and prune your plants as with any trellis, but the trellis itself needs no maintenance.
- Artistic Appeal: Pathmark custom metal trellises add an artistic and contemporary touch to your garden. Their sleek and elegant lines can contribute to the overall aesthetic of your outdoor space.
- Privacy and Shade: Depending on the design and density of the climbing plants, steel trellises can also provide a degree of privacy and shade. They can be strategically placed to block unsightly views or provide a cozy shaded area in your garden.
Landscape designers in Las Vegas sometimes worry that metal trellises will conduct too much heat and the climbing plants won’t thrive. We’ve been supplying metal trellises for many years now and are happy to say Las Vegas plants do just fine! Most plants that are able to handle the intense Vegas sun can also thrive on our beautiful custom trellises. Even the more sensitive plants do well if they are on an east-facing wall.
There are virtually no down-sides to incorporating metal trellises into any landscape design!
Visit our Steel Trellises page for more details.